USS Langley CV-1 Aircraft Carrier + Mini Biplane

3 replies [Last post]
Cormac2000
Cormac2000
    Cormac2000's picture

Rathcabbin
    Ireland
    53° 7' 1.9884" N, 8° 1' 35.598" W

USS Langley CV-1/AV-3 was the first American aircraft carrier. She was formerly the collier USS Jupiter from 1912 to 1920 when she was converted into an aircraft carrier and renamed the USS Langley. During the 1930's Langley was turned into a seaplane tender and served for several more years before being sunk/scuttled in the Pacific Ocean during World War II.

This is my first Aircraft Carrier Lego model and I plan to build more in the future including the USS Lexington CV-2, USS Yorktown CV-5 and USS Enterprise CV-6.

I haven't built the USS Langley as a physical model yet but I will start working on it soon
    Lego USS Langley CV-1 Digital Model by Cormac2000, on Flickr

The Funnels are movable like on the real ship and the elevator is movable by removing/adding bricks under it
    Lego USS Langley CV-1 Stern View by Cormac2000, on Flickr

The Biplanes in these pictures are an earlier design and the physical models will be slightly different
    Mini Lego Biplanes by Cormac2000, on Flickr

The Biplanes can be stored on the flight deck or inside the hanger. They could also be displayed on transparent stands next to the model.
    Lego USS Langley CV-1 and Biplanes by Cormac2000, on Flickr

This is my prototype Biplane model and it's colours are inspired by the Biplane seen in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. I will use the same design for the USS Langley's Biplanes.
    Prototype Lego Biplane Model by Cormac2000, on Flickr

I will post an update here when I complete the physical Lego model of USS Langley CV-1