RMS Titanic and her sister ships RMS Olympic and HMHS Britannic

4 replies [Last post]
Cormac2000
Cormac2000
    Cormac2000's picture

Rathcabbin
    Ireland
    53° 7' 1.9884" N, 8° 1' 35.598" W

Hello everyone this is my first post here, I built these models of the RMS Titanic and her sisters last year and they are 86 studs long and 9 Studs wide. I have built several other Lego ship models including Cunard Line's RMS Aquitania and White Star Line's SS Atlantic and I plan to build many more famous ships in the future.

History of the Ships
    RMS Olympic was the lead ship of the White Star Line's Olympic class ocean liners. She had a career that lasted 24 years from 1911 to 1935 which included service as a troopship during the First World War. After the war she served successfully as an ocean liner throughout the 1920s and into the first half of the 1930s and was decommissioned and scrapped in 1935.

RMS Titanic was the second ship of the Olympic class and was the largest ship in the world when she was completed in 1912. The Titanic sank during her maiden voyage on April 15th 1912 after striking an iceberg on the 14th. 1498 lives were lost when Titanic sank and her wreck is the second largest in the world.

RMS/HMHS Britannic was the third and final member of the Olympic class trio and unlike her older sisters she never served as an ocean liner and never carried a paying passenger. When the Titanic sank construction on the Britannic was at a very early stage and as a response to Titanic's loss the Britannic's safety features were redesigned, this included improved watertight bulkheads, a double hull around the boiler rooms and engine rooms, enough lifeboats for every passenger and crew member and huge gantry davits to launch the lifeboats. In 1914 when Britannic was nearing completion the First World War broke out and in late 1915 she was requisitioned by the British Admiralty to become a Hospital Ship. On November 21st 1916 during her sixth Voyage to the Mediterranean to pick up wounded soldiers she struck an underwater mine near the island of Kea and sank in 55 minutes with a loss of 30 lives. After the war Germany handed over the Ocean Liners SS Imperator and SS Bismarck as replacements for the lost liners Lusitania and Britannic. The White Star Line purchased SS Bismarck and renamed her the RMS Majestic and she served alongside the RMS Olympic on the North Atlantic express service during the 1920's and 1930's and was a very popular ship. The Britannic was the largest ship to sink during the First World War and is the Largest shipwreck in the world.

Olympic, Titanic and Britannic

Lego Olympic, Titanic and Britannic (2023 Models) by Cormac2000, on Flickr

RMS Titanic (1912) and SS Atlantic (1871)

Lego RMS Titanic and SS Atlantic by Cormac2000, on Flickr